Breakfast is a very important meal and for me, it makes my mood for the day 🙂 I purchased rye flakes a month back and found them sadly looking at me every morning from inside the glass blue jar until one fine day, I finally decided to do something with them. Experimented something recently and just luved it..can’t wait to have my next rye bowl again!
What you need:
A small bowl of rye flakes (as seen above, you may get a darker variation in the stores).
Soak overnight for faster boiling
1 thin sliced banana
1 finely chopped strawberry
Handful of chopped raisins, include almonds if you like
1 tbsp honey
Preparation Time: (30 mins)
- For preparing rye flakes, use one part of rye flakes with three parts of water and cook for around half an hour
- Drain out the water and put the boiled rye flakes in a wide bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients to the flakes and mix well
- Your easy, healthy& nutritious breakfast dish is ready to eat
Some health benefits of Rye
- Whole grains and high fiber cereals like rye are highly effective in fighting against postmenopausal breast cancer
- The dietary fiber present in rye benefits the human body in a number of ways. One major property of the fiber is that it binds to toxins in the colon and helps to remove them from the body.
- The fiber also binds to cancer-causing chemicals or toxins in the colon, aiding in their elimination and protecting the cells of the colon from damage. This way, rye helps in the prevention of colon cancer.
- The high fiber content present in rye helps to prevent high blood sugar levels in diabetic patients and thus, helps with blood sugar control.
- Rye is a rich source of magnesium
- Rye promotes weight-loss and prevents obesity.