The University Health Network signed an agreement with the Ministry Of Health in the State of Kuwait in September 8, 2010, to provide clinical expertise to Kuwait Cancer Control Center (KCCC) and strengthen cancer service delivery at the KCCC by focusing on areas such as radiation medicine, medical oncology, surgical oncology and laboratory medicine. The University Health Network is a teaching and academic health science center and one of the largest medical research centers in Canada.
The University Health network along with the Health Ministry of Kuwait have recently launched an online portal to inform and educate people and patients about cancer and as well as ways to:
- Inform about the public about the latest news related to the center
- Provide department details and initiatives
- Offer important facts about the population in Kuwait related to cancer prevention, care and treatment
- Find out about patient and cancer support services
- Find out ways you can help/volunteer
You may visit the portal here http://www.kuwaitcancercenter.com/. Share this info as much as possible.
News Courtesy: http://www.ladieswhodolunchinkuwait.blogspot.com